We're looking for workcamper couples at all three of our beautiful RV resorts...Mt. Desert Narrows, Narrows Too, and Patten Pond.
Join the team and you'll...
Work May to October or mid-June to Labor Day.
- Have a great work experience on the ocean or on a lake – and all near Acadia National Park.
- Earn an hourly wage for every hour worked, PLUS...
- Enjoy a discounted campsite with cable.
We're looking for Workcamper couples who are...
- Sociable and enjoy working with others.
- Customer service-oriented.
- Non-smokers. (All our camping resorts are smoke-free!)
- Willing and able to work hard.
- Able to stand for long periods and lift a moderate amount of weight (as much as 50 lbs).
- Willing and able to work flexible hours. (We're open from 7 am to 11 pm during peak season – and that includes Sundays.)
- Willing and able to live on site while employees of Bar Harbor Camping Resorts.
- Living alone, without dependents (children, grandchildren, or parents).
Other things you should know...
- Earn above minimum wage PLUS you'll enjoy a Discounted Campsite for the duration of your employment – including water, cable, and self-honey wagon service if no full hookup is available. Electricity is extra.
- Receive staff shirts and name tags.
- Benefit from extensive training.
- Enjoy free trips and local activities, including a tour of Acadia National Park.
- We need several couples to work our full season: April 30 to just after Columbus Day at Mount Desert Narrows and Patten Pond; April 30 to the end of October at Narrows Too.
- We need additional couples to work peak season: June, July, August.
- We cannot guarantee hours. However, we try to provide 32 hours of work per person per week, and sometimes we need employees to work as many as 40 hours.
- Couples may not always work the same shifts, but we try to schedule you together as much as possible.
- Couples get two consecutive days off together.
Qualifications and responsibilities...
Workcamper A must have a cheerful, friendly personality and experience with computers (CampGM or DigiRez beneficial). Most important: experience working with computer data entry and Windows systems, operating a cash register, and sales. Added bonus: experience running group activities like crafts, pancake breakfasts, and ice cream socials.
Workcamper A will...
- Work in the registration office, welcoming and checking in guests.
- Work in the store, ringing up purchases, stocking shelves, and cleaning up.
- Help with gardening, cleaning cabins and trailers, and minor maintenance projects like painting.
Workcamper B must be physically fit and customer-service oriented. Experience as a campground or activities manager a plus.
Workcamper B will...
- Be responsible for all maintenance work, including mowing lawns, weed whacking, tree cutting, repairing water lines, cleaning restrooms and port-a-potties, providing honey-wagon service, maintaining the swimming pool, cleaning the firepits, troubleshooting electrical and plumbing problems, light construction, and painting.
- Help police the campgrounds.
If you're interested in being a Workcamper and if you meet these requirements and want to apply, please...
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR APPLICANTS: In order to be considered for a job at Bar Harbor Camping Resorts, an applicant must completely fill out an application and mail it to...
- Fill out the Bar Harbor Camping Resorts employment application.
- Attach a resumé.
- Enclose a recent photo of you both – and your RV.
- Include a current address and phone number where you can be reached for an interview, even if traveling.
- Include a list of three recent employers (with their phone numbers) willing to be references for you.
Mount Desert NarrowsNo others will be considered.
1219 State Highway 3
Bar Harbor, ME 04609