We're looking for workcamper couples or singles at all three of our beautiful RV resorts...Mt. Desert Narrows, Narrows Too, and Patten Pond.
Join the team and you'll...
Work May to October or June to Labor Day.
- Have a great work experience on the ocean or on a lake – and all are near Acadia National Park.
- Earn an hourly wage for every hour worked, PLUS...
- Enjoy a deeply discounted campsite with cable.
We're looking for Workcampers who are...
- Sociable and enjoy working with others.
- Customer service-oriented.
- Non-smokers preferable. (All our camping resorts are smoke-free!)
- Willing and able to work hard.
- Able to stand for long periods and lift a moderate amount of weight (as much as 50 lbs).
- Willing and able to work flexible hours. (We can be open from 7 am to 11 pm during peak season – and that includes Sundays.)
- Willing and able to live on site while employees of Bar Harbor Camping Resorts.
- Living alone, without dependents (children, grandchildren, or parents).
Other things you should know...
- Earn above minimum wage PLUS you'll enjoy a Discounted Campsite for the duration of your employment – including water, cable, and self-honey wagon service if no full hookup is available. Electricity is extra.
- Receive staff shirts.
- Benefit from extensive training.
- Enjoy othr benefits like free trips and local activities, including a tour of Acadia National Park.
- We need several couples/singles to work our full season: April 30 to just after Columbus Day at Mount Desert Narrows and Patten Pond; April 30 to the end of October at Narrows Too.
- We need additional couples/singles to work peak season: June, July, August.
- We cannot guarantee hours. However, we try to provide an average of 32 hours of work per person per week, and sometimes we need employees to work as many as 40 hours.
- Couples may not always work the same shifts, but we try to schedule you together as much as possible.
- Couples get two consecutive days off together at a minimum.
Qualifications and responsibilities...
Workcamper A must have a cheerful, friendly personality and experience with computers (DigiRez beneficial). Most important: experience working with computer data entry and Windows systems, operating a cash register, and sales. Added bonus: experience running group activities.
Workcamper A will...
- Work in the registration office, welcoming and checking in guests.
- Work in the store, ringing up purchases, stocking shelves, and cleaning up.
- Help with gardening, cleaning rental units, and minor maintenance projects like painting.
Workcamper B must be physically fit and customer-service oriented. Experience as a campground or activities manager a plus.
Workcamper B will...
- Be responsible for all maintenance work, including mowing lawns, weed whacking, tree cutting, repairing water lines, cleaning restrooms and port-a-potties, providing honey-wagon service, maintaining the swimming pool, cleaning the firepits, troubleshooting electrical and plumbing problems, light construction, and painting.
- Help police the campgrounds.
If you're interested in being a Workcamper and if you meet these requirements and want to apply, please...
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR APPLICANTS: In order to be considered for a job at Bar Harbor Camping Resorts, an applicant must completely fill out an application and mail it to...
- Fill out the Bar Harbor Camping Resorts employment application.
- Attach a resumé if you choose.
- Enclose a recent photo of you both – and your RV.
- Include a current address and phone number where you can be reached for an interview, even if traveling.
- Include a list of three recent employers (with their phone numbers) willing to be references for you.
Mount Desert NarrowsNo others will be considered.
1219 State Highway 3
Bar Harbor, ME 04609